White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:27 am 

End of the regular season
BR closed out their regular season with wins over St J’s (12-0) and SL (6-0). Back to Back undefeated regular seasons for BR. The Yellow Jackets went 19-0 this seasons, scoring 115 goals, and only allowing 6 goals all season. Averages of 6.05 goals per game, and allowed only 0.31 goals per game. They posted 14 shutouts, including the final 8 games of the regular season. The last goal scored against BR was by SF on Sept 24th. (and truthfully, it was a JOKE that the SF was handed that goal by the ref in the 1st place.)
All together (final 8 games in 2009, 21 straight in 2010, and 19 more in 2011 {so far} that puts BR on a 48 game win streak. That’s just Phenomenal!
2011 playoffs
Next up for BR, the playoffs. The playoff brackets have yet to be posted online, but as BR will clearly take the #1 seed, they get a bye for the 1st round, and will play in the quarter finals against the winner of the #8 and #9 seeded teams. That game is in North Mesa at 5pm Saturday Oct. 29th. Can’t wait to see how the playoffs unfold! GO BR!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:17 am 

Too bad soccer sucks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:32 pm 

Just like your daddy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:51 am 

This coming from a soccer fan means about as much as Rupaul calling someone "unmanly".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:52 am 

...but for the record, I think it's great that there's a sport out there for those kids not masculine enough to play football. (I'm only kidding, so relax.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:28 am 

just to set the record straight.Football is the gayest of all American sports...

Over One-Third Of Former American Football Players Had Sexual Relations With Men, Study Claims
ScienceDaily (Oct. 29, 2007) — A study of former high-school American Football players has found that more than a third said they had had sexual relations with other men.

In his study of homosexuality among sportsmen in the US, sociologist Dr Eric Anderson found that 19 in a sample of 47 had taken part in acts intended to sexually arouse other men, ranging from kissing to mutual * and oral sex.

The 47 men, aged 18-23, were all American Football players who previously played at the high school (secondary school) level but had failed to be picked for their university’s team and were now cheerleaders instead. They were at various universities from the American south, Mid-West, west and north west.

Dr Anderson, now of the University of Bath, UK, said the study showed that society’s increasing open-mindedness about homosexuality and decreasing stigma concerning sexual activity with other men had allowed sportsmen to speak more openly about these sexual activities. He found that this sex came in the form of two men and one woman, as well as just two men alone.

He said that the sexual acts described differed from acts of ‘hazing’ or team-bonding that often include pretend-homosexual acts.

“The evidence supports my assertion that homophobia is on the rapid decline among male teamsport athletes in North America at all levels of play,” he writes in his study, entitled ‘Being masculine is not about whom you sleep with…Heterosexual athletes contesting masculinity and the one-time rule of homosexuality’. It will be published in the journal Sex Roles in January.

“These finding differ from previous research on North American men who have sex with men, in several ways. First, previous research describes heterosexual men in heterogeneous group sex as men symbolically engaging in sexual practices with other men. However, I find informants actually engage in sexual activity with other men. But this does not mean that they are *.

“Second, my informants do not feel that their same-sex sex jeopardizes their socially perceived heterosexual identities, at least within the cheerleading culture. In other words, having * sex does not automatically make them * in masculine peer culture.”

Dr Anderson, of the University’s Department of Education, said the same situation was also true for the UK.

He believes the positive portrayal of homosexuality on television, the ease with which homosexuals could gradually ‘come out’ by using the internet, the ability for straight men to talk with * men on the internet, and the decline of religious fundamentalism has made homosexuality and homosexual acts considerably less controversial for university-aged men. This had made revealing the fact they had engaged in homosexual acts easier.

He said the study was not biased by talking to sportsmen who were now cheerleaders, which is often seen as a feminine activity. Those he interviewed were selected to represent men that considered themselves traditionally masculine, typical American Football players.

Dr Anderson was the first openly * male high school sports coach in the US. He left coaching after one of his students was assaulted because it was assumed that he was *. Dr Anderson is now working in the field of sport sociology at the University of Bath, and is the author of In the Game, * Athletes and the Cult of Masculinity.

and as for the name spanky,, how * is that?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:15 am 

Rough Night for MTN teams
SL(#11) goes down to Chino Valley(#6) in a PK shootout. SF(#5) goes down to Payson(#12) 1-0, a very disappointing 1st round defeat for a talented SF team. Holbrook(#9) lost to Benson (#8) 1-0.
BR will take on Benson today @ 5pm. Hoping to get to that game. BR beat Benson 4-0 during the Tucson tourney in early Oct. BR is well rested, and barring any rust from have not played a game in the last week, BR (#1) seed should handle business against Benson (#8). BR is already the lone MTN team (Payson isn’t really a MTN team, as they are below THE RIM) still in the playoffs, here’s to hoping BR takes it all the way for the 3peat!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:36 am 

On the GIRLS side of the brackets, the MTN teams fair MUCH better. BR (#4) beat RV(#5) 3-0, while SL(#1) beat Camp Verde (#8) 3-0, and BR and SL will face off against each other today @ 5pm as well. St. Johns(#3) beat River Valley (#6) 3-2 in a PK shootout. 1 MTN team didn’t fare so well, SF girls (#7) put up a great fight against Desert Christian (#2). This was the game I saw last night. Both teams scored early, and the game ended 1-1. After 19 minutes of overtime, DC got the go ahead goal, and SF fell by a score of 2-1 in OT. SF played well, but just couldn’t hang on in the end. So St. Johns and DC will face off, and the winner of that game will play the winner of the BR v SL game for this year’s girls soccer champs.
SL is the high seed, but BR has given SL fits this season. I am a little biased here…. But GO BR!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:45 pm 

BRpax14 is giving us soccer gurus a bad name. I'll give you the loyalty of cheering for regional teams, but let's also give you a lesson in geography. Elevation drops below the Mogollon Rim in more than one direction. You do not need to be so sad that Snowflake lost to Payson because Payson is "below the Rim", since Snowflake is "below the Rim" too. In fact, Snowflake at an elevation of 5,600 ft is 18 miles from the Rim's edge, while Payson at 5,100 ft is only 13 miles away. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:05 pm 

soccerjones...it's ironic, but it's your girlfriend who named me 'spanky". (...and all along you thought that redness on her backside was from a tanning bed!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:49 pm 

Thanks for keeping on task. I figured you were called Spanky from being a receptacle for a broom handle on Halloween's past.Wanted to go as a witch. Sorry but the name just drips of * behavior.

from the urban dictionary.

spanky

134 up, 56 down

Term of endearment referring to a male's * habits.

Hey, Spanky. You think you can drop that lotion long enough to hit the clubs

Freud was right. Again. How often do you have to clean or replace your keyboard?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:18 pm 

Thanks, all true points. I merely meant, North of the rim, and South of the rim. I Stand Corrected, ANYWAY, back to the TOPIC at hand, Soccer.
On the boys Bracket, BR beat Benson (3-1). This game got a little hairy. A scuffle broke out between the two teams in the second half. I would like say my team was innocent, but they let Benson get under their skin, and some pushing and shoving resulted in a BR capt. getting a yellow card, which he did not deserve. Another BR player might have deserved the yellow but this BR capt. was only trying to brake up the scuffle, and got hit with a yellow. What a joke. The game remained hairy after that point, with 2 more yellow cards being given out (1 per team) before the final whistle blew. As a side note, I was sitting by a number of Benson supporters and had to listen to their complete stupidity all game long. Among the stupid comment (all of which my wife refused to allow me to refute) were: BR has 1k student enrollment (which isn’t far from the truth @ approx. 925) and had over 460 students try out for the soccer team. So 1k students, half male, that makes 500. 4o players for the football team and ever other student tried out for the soccer team. Sounds about right, expect spoken with the coaches in years past and they have never had to cut more than 10-15 players in a single year. The stupidity, went on “ BR has not been scored on all season” while this team has been fantastic, only being scored 6 times all season, the same Benson supporter said, at the end of the game “well at least we scored on them”. Not a whole lot of brains down there in the lonely, dry, desert.
Payson(#12) continued their Cinderella story by beating Wilcox(#4) in overtime (1-0). Payson upset Snowflake(#5) in the opening round of the playoffs 1-0, then upset Wilcox, and will continue their bid as the lowest seed, but now must do it against BR.
BR and Payson played twice this year. BR won both games. 2-0 @ Payson, and 3-0 @ BR. BR will have to play and play their game to make sure they don’t over look an opponent that has a lot of talent, and is gaining a lot of experience along the way.
Northland Prep(#3) beat Chino Valley(#6) (2-1), and Desert Christian(#2) beat Phx Country Day(#7) (2-1) and will play against each other next Friday. It’s looking like it may very well be a repeat of last years championship game. BR over DC (3-1). I will miss both games next weekend, but would love a BR vs DC final if I had my choice. BR has had DC number this year, winning both games (6-1, and 3-0) and I would love to see BR take another state title at the hands of the DC Eagles.

On the girls bracket, SL (#1) took down BR (#4) by a score of 2-0. And SJ(#3) beat DC(#2) in a OK shootout to take a 1-0 victory. So SL and SJ will play next Saturday for the girls championship, which I believe is a repeat of last year’s championship game as well. (last year SJ won by 3-2 in a PK shootout)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:29 pm 

That's it? You resort to the obvious and expect to call that "trash talking"? Hell, those things have been said over and over since the inception of the old smackboard, back when there were 25 of us chatting.

I'll cut ya some slack because I realize that those who play soccer are usually more on the feminine side and very tiny in stature, which is typically why they play soccer in the first place...cuz they all wanted to play football but weren't physically able to hack it. Watching a game of soccer is like watching an episode of Pee-Wee's Playhouse; I still can't tell the difference between Paul Rueban and a soccer player when they're standing side-by-sideunless I examine the muscle tone, because Pee-Wee is buff compared to soccer players.

Over the years I've found that soccer players usually engage in trash-talk because of two reasons, 1) they actually think soccer is a manly sport, and 2) they suffer from peenis-envy syndrom after years of walking around on campus in the shadows of football players. A soccer player epitomizes "little man syndrom".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:07 pm 

To Spanky,

Most other gays spell much better than you.

And another on your name.

Noun

spanky pants (plural spanky pantses)
1.Very short shorts designed to look like a publicly modest version of underpants or panties by matching the cheerleader uniforms, and are used for making public propriety to a more decent version of strong crotch revealance during their play.

Did you get interviewed on the article cited above?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:23 pm 

To all others,

Benson has been a tough game for Blue Ridge the past couple of years. They play excellent defense and rely on just a few opportunities to score. Which they did once against us. One of our goals was also called back. And Chava was injured and did not play. And Chava is as good as playmaker as any at the high school level. And today is much better. I expect Payson to play physical and hustle.

The DC vs NPA game is very intriguing. I would prefer to play DC. But I think NPA is the better team and would result in the better game.They are better coached and have 3 very skilled players. But Blue Ridge will have the best 7 or 8 players on the field. And the senior class of Trey, Chava, Konnor, LT and Jakob is superb. The two Euros are the best set of Euros Blue Ridge has had during my time as an observer.
Interesting, the ref that called the yellow card against the BR captain, explained that he saw a shove and was "reasonably certain" it came from number three. When pushed hard he admitted, he did not know.

I expect a tough and brutal game against Payson, but BR wins easily. And I expect another win in the Finals. And DC would be more brutal than NPA, but not as skilled. And not as well coached.