White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:37 pm 

I was out of state and missed the final weekend (semi-finals, and finals) of the playoffs, however this is what I know. BR faced Payson in the semi-finals and won by a margin of 3-1, and went on to play against North Land Prep Academy. NLPA beat Desert Christian in the semi-finals, 2-1.

BR and NLPA meet once in the regular season, and BR took that game 2-0, but that was on the Yellow Jackets home field. BR however steps on every field with the confidence and preparation necessary to “make it our own” as each BR team since 1999 announces before each game.

BR was up by a score of 2-0 by halftime, and was up 4-0 by the time the final whistle blew. BR finished its 2nd year in a row without losing a single game. The BR win streak dates back to Oct. of 2009. This year BR scored 125 goals (5.68 / game) while only allowing 8 goals (0.36 / game) all season long. 15 shutouts, including the State Championship game. 2nd year coach B. Crain has lead the helm at BR for 2 seasons, and has yet to lose a game. I haven’t always agreed with his tactics, but NO ONE can argue with his results.

Another great season at BR comes to an end the way BR has become accustomed to it ending, with PURPLE AND GOLD all over the state title trophy! Well done BR! Thanks for a great season!

1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, and now 2011.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:15 pm 

It's soccer....nobody probably even 'noticed' his tactics!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

A big fat congrats to the BR boys soccer team for sewing it up yet again. I had no Doubts

Also a big shout out to the Lady Cougars of Show Low for taking the 2011 Soccer state title!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:27 am 

BR has a Soccer team?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:53 pm 

I didn't even think soccer was considered a sport!