White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:55 am 

Bill Lundbergh wrote:
River at #9 preseason is ridiculous. They are going to get destroyed by YC and NWC. I think they also lose to Havasu and Wick, games that they won by a total of 5 points combined last year. They lost their entire defense, lost 28 seniors, and changed coaches. Anyone who follows them knows that the coaches left for a reason. They stuck around for last year's senior class.

A 5-5 season, this year, I believe is more realistic. I don't know about "Destroyed" but this is definitely a re-loading year. I remember beating some teams by 70+. I hope they don't.

River Valley Dust Devils. 2014 Div.IV State Champions

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:58 pm 

ArizonaVarsity.com 3A Preseason Rankings

1.Pusch Ridge
2.American Leadership
3.Casteel
4.Northwest Christian
5.Yuma Catholic
6.Snowflake
7.Sabino
8.Florence
9.River Valley
10.Show Low
11.Payson
12.Benjamin Franklin
13.Monument Valley
14.Safford
15.Valley Christian

On the bubble: Kingman, Sahuarita, ASU Prep

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:29 pm 

You've got to be kidding ... PRCA No. 1, no Wickenburg, and Kingman on the bubble??? Who is this ArizonaVarsity.com???? Got a link?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:58 pm 

https://arizonavarsity.rivals.com/news/ ... n-rankings

I got a laugh out of the bubble teams also.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:44 am 

Line-6-Dad wrote:
I remember beating some teams by 70+. I hope they don't.

Good teams including us really don't focus on the past. We tend to look at the bigger picture and take things one game at a time and worry about beating whatever team is on our schedule that week. I tell my kid to never overlook an opponent or get ahead of ourselves. I mean, we focus on getting better not on grudge matches. It is about this season not what happened three years ago.

But all that said, we intend to kick the living sh1t out of you guys in your house on your senior night. My personal goal is for our sophomores and freshmen to play most of the fourth quarter.

But really, we are just taking this season one game at a time and just want to beat the team in front of us that week.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear... and when I do, it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. It's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:44 pm 

Attachment:
parker04ax.jpg
parker04ax.jpg [ 245.48 KiB | Viewed 260 times ]

sorry just had to Bill :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:49 am 

I saw Show Low and Thatcher in their scrimmage Friday. Honestly, Show Low looked pretty bad. Unless a bunch of starters didn't show they will be in for a long season.....or Thatcher is just that good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:45 pm 

AZ Republic (http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/h ... 561120001/)

No. 1 Casteel
Looks to ride big arm of QB Gunner Cruz to school's first title.

No. 2 Florence
Jared Wood is back after throwing 37 TD passes last year.

No. 3 American Leadership
Defending state champs won't fall off much.

No. 4 Northwest Christian
All-state baseball player Jarin Davis has had a great summer at QB

No. 5 Pusch Ridge
RB/LB Dakota Haynes leads title contenders.

No. 6 Sabino
New coach and only four returning starters but will replenish.

No. 7 Yuma Catholic
Gave Casteel its only two losses last year.

No. 8 Wickenburg
Will ground and pound with Carson Miller's most physical team.

No. 9 Show Low
Want to prove the East is not the least.

No. 10 Snowflake
Still needs to prove it can beat East-rival Show Low after losing to the Cougars the last two years.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:22 am 

Much love for the Wranglers, but I would have SF ahead of them. Maybe SL too, but SL has a new coach and maybe there will be some growing pains. And I think Sabino is probably too high. They lost a lot and even though they were a good 4A team, they dropped for a reason. I thought they were starting to lose athletes who didn't want to play small school ball.

I can't weight to see Show Low lose. That entire town makes my stomach turn.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear... and when I do, it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. It's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:24 am 

Good news is if we ever have a fire in our admin building, we have an axe hanging right behind the desk in case someone needs it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:51 am 

Wickenburg is one of those teams that could find it self in the Semi's or a 3-7 record. Its going to be an interesting season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:02 am 

I saw Florence, South Mountain, Pusch Ridge scrimmage last week.

PR numbers are small. Still running the same stuff. Wasn't very athletic as the last couple of years. Only scored on South.

Florence had lots of numbers. Moved the ball and scored on both teams a couple times. Didn't give up a TD.

South athletic but no lineman. Only scored once on PR.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:57 pm 

Line-6-Dad wrote:
Wickenburg is one of those teams that could find it self in the Semi's or a 3-7 record. Its going to be an interesting season.

Wick is not going to lose to Holbook, Parker, Coolidge, Valley, Kingman, Chino, or Odyssey. I don't think FH beats them either, but you never know. Remember that of those teams, half of them had coaching changes this season. That leaves worst case 7-3 which with as weak as Wick's schedule is, leaves them out of the playoffs. And if Wick loses to River who in that case might go 7-3, River gets in because they finish #2 in the region.

Like I said, the Carrasco kid for Wick is capable of 2000 yards this season. Wick has two other backs that are as good or better than what they had last year (due in part to injuries last season to Schuck among others.) And Wick is improved defensively, especially in the secondary. Plus Miller fixed the scheme he ran early in the season that gave up all the points the first three or four weeks.

I am a realist though. I think NWC is better. BUT, run the ball and play defense plus do an adequate job playing field position and don't turn it over and Wick can win any game against anyone. They are built to do exactly that. Wick's offense is about as pretty and fun to watch as a sex tape between Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnell, but unlike those two whales, I think Wick might be able to win in early November.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:07 pm 

With two hours to go before the start of the regular season, here is the consensus of six who predicted the preseason Top 10-16 in 3A this year. So should we consider this consensus as the official preseason Top 16?
1. American Leadership Academy (defending 3A champion)
2. Florence
3. Casteel
4. Sabino
5. Yuma Catholic
6. Pusch Ridge Christian Academy
7. Show Low
8. Northwest Christian
9. Snowflake
10. Winslow
11. Wickenburg
12. River Valley
13. Ben Franklin