White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:45 pm 

Those stand for Fountain Hills, Show Low, and Coolidge BTW. The F, SH, and C words.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear... and when I do, it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. It's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:27 pm 

I would say the F word is Florence... Well.. Fountain hills is just as bad.. both kicked us out of quarter finals on good seasons. I'll definitely keep my attacks at coaching staff down as well. I said to much about Snowflakes staff and didn't exactly mean all of it. If I could sum up all the crap I said about them it would be that they need to look at bad decisions such as short kicks and they need to be way tougher on kids. Latest words from family members playing next year are some juniors who are not currently in another season are refusing to work out. I'm gonna go and call this season at best semi-finals and realistic, quarter finals and a good possibility, first round loss. Ricedorf on the other hand just asks for the fun to be poked at him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:14 pm 

Leave the site alone! That's my vote. Why become something it's not? I would elaborate but it would involve some very colorful language. Ya'll have an identity crisis. Almost anything else is exclusive of what goes on here - on this site... You want a site for students you might wanna rethink that one Pedstate.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 pm 

Have you thought about maybe expanding down here? (being the valley). I know there are alot of guys that have kids at Mt View, Highland, and many other schools down here that may want to be part of a chat board for Arizona High Schools. In Fact, Just last year i was talking to a friend of mine who had a son playing for Highland High who was 'jealous' of the fact that we had a Smackboard. BUT with the added volume of people comes the added language and such...its a thought. I know that the Smackboard is well known.

I Do agree that it would be cool to have a smack-free zone where stats and standings can be talked about...however we might just have to call it Planet Smack (named after Planet Fitness for the Lunk Alerts) :lol: .

Well thats my two cents, can i write those off on my taxes? uncle Sam is killin me!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:04 pm 

Note the dates on this post. We have a report a post button that no one uses. I have opened the topic up several times. If you have a problem with a post, report it. Then I will go and deal with it. I get notices when people report things.

It isnt like I am a dictator. I do my best not to be one. I installed community tools but no one uses them. I ask over and over and the gist is cut down on potty mouth. On the internet.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear... and when I do, it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. It's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:42 pm 

I have reported posts that I felt were inappropriate. Most of the time there was no response, so I quit reporting.

Think about who has left the site and why. Other than someone getting quiet because their team is losing, my guess is people get tired of the gutter talk. Maybe if we would have changed 3 years ago, we could have kept some people on the site.
CJ wrote:
As I mentioned in another thread, it would be nice having a "Stat Zone" section for those who don't want to waste time reading smack but like to discuss football. It could also attract some exposure from sports writers and get more hits that way.

The Freeze wrote:
Would agree with you C J. A separate format would make for more interesting reading. I've been around for a few years, but I never stop learning from the wisdom of others more and less knowledgeable about any particular topic. My hopes are that your suggestion will merit consideration. It would be refreshing, indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:34 pm 

All of this angst about what a HIGH SCHOOL football site should feature!!! Honestly, it should focus on the accomplishments of those young athletes and the successful programs at their schools -- not on the posters themselves. That's why I have tremendous respect for CJ, who I personally met briefly, and his contributions as well as the efforts of Doug Jr., who I have never met. Yes, a good small ball site should involve fans throughout the state -- including sports writers and the schools they cover as well as coaches and administrators. Maxpreps does a great job at that, but there is so much more that can be done. This past season was my last as WickSun (retiring at the end of June), but will be active in some form -- either active on a stat segment on this site or creating a new forum. Yes, there has been "no community" with efforts in the past, but that can be developed -- with more interest from writers, schools and fans throughout the state. I have appreciated the trust and freedom "Bill" has afforded me in the past but don't understand the desire to smack -- especially using high school football as its stage.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:05 am 

Wicksun...let me assist you, as I just watched an episode on the History Channel regarding this very topic. The desire to "smack" can be traced back to the Stone Age in the Tertiary Period when one caveman would engage in battle with his prehistoric nemesis and, following victory, would drag another's woman away by the hair as his trophy, look back and emit a victorious grunt, followed by a sly, taunting wink.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:38 pm 

For one thing, the topic of the Smackboard is Smackboard which in itself invites Smack. I personally like the format of the site, and I view anyone who bashes coaches with innuendo and rumor as a character flaw in the basher. Oftentimes, that basher is bashed in return by more educated posters that he is bashed into oblivion, thus in effect, it becomes a self policing forum. In the last few seasons, n the scout.com site, I have been posting a weekly post that I call Mohave County and Area Picks Week - x. It receives many hits and sometimes limited commentary, and once it reached 3 pages of comments. Also, in Prescott Valley, coaching staff at Bradshaw told me they look forward to that post and find it interesting. Coaches, fans and players throughout Mohave County had also shown they regularly look for the post. I would like to post it here also. I did last season, but I got the impression it received little interest.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:54 am 

Damned straight post it here. My goal, and this is just me, is to provide information as well as a forum to discuss both specifics about our small school programs and as a broader picture, to discuss sports as a whole. We aren't a "the Cardinals are gonna whoop so and so" or smack talk about things beyond what mostly are our home towns.

In general, I like discussion (and controversy) and for the most part, I like the amount of humor, inside jokes, and discussion of our towns and people.

Rural Arizona has a hell of a lot in common. From Wilcox to Williams, from Monument Valley to Yuma, we are one state. And it is a great state. And we need to stick together and do what is best for our kids. The more we discuss and the more information we have, the more we can do to improve the lives of our student-athletes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:50 pm 

Someone actually looks forward to reading about Mojave County football?

...they must really be starving for entertainment in those parts! I've seen football in Mohave County and I think I'd rather watch a Hillary Clinton speech!

...or two coyotes screwing.

...or a meth addict (what's a conversation regarding Mohave County without mentioning meth?) brushing his one tooth.