White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:29 pm 

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/h ... /97653244/

"Chandler will face a mega-giant in the high school football world. IMG Academy will travel to Chandler to face the Wolves on Aug. 26.

IMG, based out of Bradenton, Fla., went 11-0 last season, playing a national schedule. It isn't eligible for the Florida interscholastic playoffs because it makes no pretenses that it is a football factory drawing some of the best players in the country.

"They have over 20 players with major-college scholarship offers," Chandler coach Shaun Aguano said. "The last four years, we've taken on the best."

"We feel we're one of the best teams in the country. But, of course, IMG is a different animal. I want to front-load our schedule with powers and see how these kids respond."

Its closest game last year came against Corona (Calif.) Centennial, a team that Chandler nearly knocked off early last season in California. IMG won a shootout 50-49 in Mission Viejo, Calif.

IMG opened the season with a win over Grayson, which then won 14 consecutive games and took the 7A Georgia championship.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:06 pm 

That should be a great game. IMG always has tons of speed.