White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:27 am 

The sections themselves are a result of geo-scheduling. Playing teams once/twice is geo-scheduling. Geographically isolated teams having to play higher division opponents. The list can go on and on forever dude... I'm not discussing geo-scheduling. You can keep going round and round with all kinds of different scenarios, outcomes, alternatives, etc.

All I hear is more whining... If Yuma (#17) beats NW Christian (#7) then they earn it (the already beat Kingman), if Show Low (#20) beats Winslow (#10) then they earn it, if Combs (#22) beats Florence (#12) they earn it too.

You're just mad because Snowflake #2 lost to Show Low #20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:26 pm 

Sections and regions have always been based on geography. It's the best way to do it. Do you want your school to be stuck in a section with teams all the way across the state? Time out of school, travel expenses, and the effect travel has on your team's play would all be negatives in that scenario.

Call it whining if you like. I don't see why stringing together a couple of wins in a sectional tournament should be automatically rewarded with a top 6 seeding in the state tournament. You say they 'earn' it by winning the sectional tournament. I say it's not 'earned' but is given because of poor policy. The wins deserve rewards, but not a chance to jump from #22 to #6 even though you didn't 'earn' it during the season.

Sour grapes alert on this next part:

Yes, I'm * that SL beat us last night. Is that wrong? Are you above being disappointed when your team loses? Congrats to the Cougars. They 'earned' a chance to play Winslow on Saturday. If they 'earn' a win against the Bulldogs, they will be given a top six seeding in the state tournament. They didn't 'earn' it in my opinion, but it is what it is.

As for last night's game, bottom line is SF choked again in a big game situation. 'nuff said! If you want to call that whining, then you should look that word up right after you figure out what 'earn' really means.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:25 pm 

I was at the SL-SF game last night and SF just looked terrible....I have never seen them this season play as bad as they did last night. Getting outplayed on the boards, sloppy passes, stupid passes, they just didn't come out ready to play. Plus it doesn't help you out any when you leave Potter wide open every time in the corner! I don't know why SF always has a tough time playing SL in SL! This was more of SF throwing away their chances than "SL" earning a win. Plus I feel that Sectional Tourney games should be played on neutral sites just like them did with the Winslow- Alchesay game! I saw some pretty biased officiating last night! All that being said....none of these are excuses for the Lobos. They all know they played terrible last night, lets just hope the boys along with Coach Wood can regroup and get a solid gameplan in place for a run at a State Title! GO LOBOS!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:59 pm 

You'll are crazy. I'm not crowing any team champions just yet but do you hear what you're saying. Show Low just beat the #2 team, then has the opportunity to beat a Winslow team that's no push over. If they win, I think they deserve, earn, whatever it. So do the other teams. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm 

So you think Show Low deserves a top 6 seed just because of 2 games?? If they lose to Winslow, they don't even make the playoffs, if they win they get a #6 seed. That makes plenty of sense.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:46 pm 

Outofbounds, are you Sean Potter?????

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:18 am 

I know not everyone will agree... Whiner #3 read my post in context with everything else I've said. Regardless of the all the known problems with the geo-scheduling, ranking/power points, section alignments, home/away section games, neutral court, etc, etc. - whining etc. Nothing is perfect... Any team that won a majority of the section games, beats top teams, wins their tournament is a deserving team in my book. It's not just 2 games.

I really doubt the Bulldogs are gonna sit and roll over like the Lobos did.

Enjoy the playoffs everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:07 am 

sit and roll over? outofbounds did you even see the game? The Lobos coming back and battling a 17 pt deficit isn't what I call rolling over, if they would have "rolled over" they would have just put in the young guys and got them some time and experience! They battled the whole game and just came up short and didn't make plays when they needed to! Im proud of our boys for fighting the whole game and not "rolling over".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:15 am 

You're the one that said they threw away their chances. I was at the game. #25 dominated the boards, altered shots. Despite how sloppy Show Low was Snowflake sucked. Thank you Snowflake for throwing/giving away the win. Pointless, because no one is ever gonna give credit to the other team for pulling off the victory.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:20 am 

blah blah blah.

I know what's coming

sucky officiating, home court advantage, neutral court, injuries, etc. more whining.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:23 am 

yeah throwing away chances and rolling over are 2 different things! I didn't see anyone on SF give up and quit or slack off on Wed. night! It just wasn't their night and they didn't make the plays when they needed to. Congrats to Show Low for being the only team in this section to be able to figure out the Lobos! Im interested to see how SL does against Winslow on Sat. and in the State Tourney

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:26 am 

Finally someone willing to congratulate the opposing team.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:20 am 

My apologizes for the canine pun.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:02 pm 

You will start to see some real whining once the state brackets come out.

As it stands today - only 2 of the top 6 Maxprep seeded teams can even make it to the semi finals. IF the brackets were made today --- SCA, Cortez, and Tuba City would be 1,8,9 seeds. Chinle, Snowflake, and Valley Christian would be 2,7,10 seeds. Only 1 out of each of those three teams would make the semis. Those are your current 1-6 maxpreps teams.

I think the biggest issue with the brackets is that the t and 2 overall best seeds have the hardest games on MOnday in the quarterfinals because they will be playing the 7/10 winner or the 8/9 winner.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:28 pm 

And look where Show Low is now!! Final 4, guess they did deserve the seed they earned....