White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:26 am 

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/article.as ... 32&page=12
Quote:
No. 14 Hamilton (Chandler, Ariz.)
Strengths: Line play has been a staple of Hamilton football for years, and 2013 will be no different. Former USC commit Casey Tucker, ranked No. 152 in the 247Sports Top 247, is the next great tackle to emerge from Hamilton. Bryce Holland, already committed to Army, is another key lineman... Qualen Cunningham, another top-notch recruit, powers the defensive line... Put simply, the defensive line might be even more impressive than its offensive counterpart.

Question marks: Head coach Steve Belles believes that Sam Sasso will debut as the team's starter at quarterback. He was impressive in limited action a year ago but is largely unproven. Despite returning most of the secondary, losing standout Cole Luke will be difficult to overcome. The offensive line will open up some gaping holes, but the Huskies still need a reliable running back to emerge. It could use more offensive weapons to complement Izzy Simpson and Elijah Williams.

Outlook: Despite the question marks at the skill positions, Steve Belles is not concerned. With the way he runs the program, players will step up, emerge and fill those spots. After a slow start, Hamilton was dominant by season's end, notching victories over Desert Vista, Desert Ridge and Mountain Pointe. This year's team could exceed the accomplishments of any Hamilton team that has come before it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:26 pm 

That typical Hamilton defense will allow an inexperienced QB to get his footing and Hamilton always has a dominant O-line, so RB shouldn't be an issue either with the holes they open up.

I enjoyed watching them last season and plan on catching a couple of their games this season as well, possibly the 09/06 matchup against Brophy Prep or the 09/27 matchup against Liberty, although Salpointe plays Marcos de Niza on 09/27 in Tucson. I may only see the Brophy Prep game and then have to wait for the playoffs, because the rest of their regular season schedule should be blowouts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:15 pm 

Perennial Arizona power and defending large-school champion is loaded with experience and prestige.
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/EO7CjXdx50 ... milton.htm
Quote:
When you've won five of the last seven large-school state titles, including in 2012, expectations are naturally large. But the Hamilton (Chandler, Ariz.) Huskies just might exceed them all in 2013.

With a defense that might be the most stout in school history, an offensive interior that features the state's best offensive lineman (USC commit Casey Tucker) and first team MaxPreps Junior All-American defensive lineman Qualen Cunningham, the Huskies appear locked in not only for another state title run but also national championship consideration.