White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: AZ vs CA, NV
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:56 pm 

Out-of-state football clashes highlight first few weeks of prep season (http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/?p=70768)
Quote:
With only 29 teams in a reduced Division I for football this year and schools told to find five "freedom" games, lots of coaches were scrambling to schedule games. Some looked out of state. Some out-of-state people came to them.

After the first few weeks of the season, Arizona will have a pretty good idea how its teams stack up against California and Nevada.

Aug. 23-24 Phoenix Mountain Pointe and Tucson Salpointe travel to Las Vegas to play Bishop Gorman and Henderson Liberty, respectively.

The next weekend Chandler Basha plays at Henderson Green Valley on Aug.30.

On Aug, 31 there is a quadruple-header football showcase at Cathedral Catholic High in San Diego:

Desert Vista, the Division I champion two years ago, plays San Marcos Mission Hills at 11 a.m. Mission Hills went 10-3 last season, losing to Eastlake 21-14 in the California Interscholastic Federation Division 1 championship game.

Hamilton plays Eastlake at 1:30 p.m. Eastlake finished as CIF D.1 champs with a 10-3 record.

Desert Ridge plays Gardena Serra at 4 p.m. Serra went 14-2 last season, beating Oakdale 42-15 for the CIF Division 2 championship.

That same day Avondale Westview plays at San Diego Westview, which went 8-4, losing to Poway 31-0 in the second round of the CIF San Diego Section playoffs.

On Sept.6, Mesa Red Mountain plays Westlake in Westlake Village, Calif. Westlake went 6-5 last season, losing to Mission Viejo 42-10 in the first round of the CIF Southern Section playoffs.

On Sept. 14, Chandler heads to Mission Viejo to play perennial national football power St. John Bosco, which is coming off an 8-5 season in which it lost to eventual champion Long Beach Poly 13-10 in the CIF Southern Section Pac 5 semifinals.

Hamilton goes out of state again for a Sept. 20 game at Henderson Liberty.

Post subject: Re: AZ vs CA, NV
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:17 pm 

St John Bosco hasn't had a season better than 7-3 in the past 10 years, and I don't recall them ever being on the national scene. (I think the author confused them with Don Bosco Prep from NJ, which IS a perennial national power.)

Regardless, it's nice to see the Arizona schools branching out to neighboring states.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:03 am 

East Valley schools' schedules including a national profile (http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/varsit ... 963f4.html)
Quote:
... on Sept. 14, Chandler faces Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco — the No. 2-ranked team in the country according to Fox Sports.
Here's the link to the Fox rankings: (http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1318170.html)
Quote:
St. John Bosco (0-0) Bellflower, CA returns virtually its entire team from a squad that was only beaten on the field once last year after having forfeited four non-league games due to an eligibility discrepancy. The Braves lose one All-State lineman, but they bring back a massive OL who will keep the chains moving when Bosco needs it most.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:15 am 

Got it...everything I've found says that St John Bosco from Bellflower, CA was 8-5 last season, it didn't say anything about the 4 forfeits. They were 8-4 the previous season, and simply a .500 team prior to that.

It'll be nice to see Hamilton play them.

Anyone watch the Salpointe Catholic whopping of Liberty, NV 55-0? Neither did I....thanks to the extra innings Diamondbacks game! I tevo'ed the game and when I went to watch it all I had was baseball through 16 innings; didn't see a single play of the game!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:19 am 

If you have quick internet (or at least quicker than what I have here in Africa) this link for the AIA365 video might help:
http://www.aia365.com/videos/1376/solle ... tholic-az-