White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Mountain Pointe Pride
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:35 pm 

For those of you that are paying any attention, where would you rank MP amongst the top 25 nationally? I say at least in the top 5...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:24 am 

15-20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:12 am 

I have seen the Pride play 2 times now and im not kidding when I tell you that this Mountain Pointe team is one of the Best, if not THE Best football team I have seen in the state of Arizona. The way that they play together as a team and how they can dismantle an opponent is just amazing. Coach Vaughan is sure doing it right over there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:59 am 

Like many years in the past (Centennial for a couple years, and Chaparral both come to mind), I think the best team in Arizona is in Division II in Salpointe Catholic. They have multiple D1 signees in skill positions on offense and their defense is stout.

I'd love to see Mountain Pointe and Salpointe Catholic play each other.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:55 pm 

Love to see them play too, but MP has the key ingredient that Salpoint is missing--they are physical. They will flat out beat you up, run you over, smash you in the mouth. Jalen Brown is not just a D-I kid, he is going to Oregon to play WR. Natrell Curtis up front is going to Washington. The Payne kid would be a top tier D-i player if he was 2" taller but is just short to be an OLB, though if he had the grades, he would be worth taking a shot on to be a strong safety. And Lucas runs a 10.4 and is the defending 100 and 200M champ for AZ.

I don't even know how to describe how excited I am about this team because I have been there at MP with the kids and coaching staff since Day 1 and was an MP fan the second Vaughan told me he was going there. I was there for almost all of the games during the 12-1 run the first year including the 28-0 comeback game and the Basha playoff OT game when Vaughan called the run for a 2PT conversion in OT to win it.

This is the best team I have personally seen.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear... and when I do, it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. It's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:45 pm 

Personally, I don't think Mountain Pointe wins the D1 title.

As for Salpointe, they're the best team I've seen in the last 5-10 years. They have plenty of size upfront offensively, and lots of speed at the skill positions. I think they have the best defense in the state, due to perhaps the best LB corps in the state (average of about 6'1" and 210) and a solid secondary.

I don't see anyone slowing down their offense as long as Denson and Cota remain healthy. Deboskie plays much larger than his size, which is why he's going D1. From what I've read, between 4-6 seniors will be playing D1 ball next season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:05 am 

Interesting that the D1 top teams (#1 Mountain Pointe and #2 Desert Ridge) are led by coaches of former 3A teams (Vaughan & Hathcock).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:32 pm 

Not really. Those schools are in outlying neighborhoods, and families typically relocate to those neighborhoods as the city expands...with the exception being the private schools. New schools means new, modern facilities in better neighborhoods with less crime rates; easy choice for any family to make. The traditional powers of 20 years ago have passed the torch to the newer schools; it happens in every metropolis.

I happen to believe that there are many coaches out there who could be as successful at those programs, and I doubt either coach would have the success they're experiencing if they were coaching in the inner-city. (just a thought)