White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Cam Newton
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:53 pm 

Two weeks into the NFL season and Cam Newton appears to be the real deal, and in the right system to nuture his growth. Could it be possible to have a rookie win the league MVP to go along with the Rookie of the Year?

Too soon to tell.........stay tuned; should be fun to watch.

Post subject: Re: Cam Newton
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:35 pm 

A few more games before we start annointing him MVP. He tossed 3 picks last game, and while he has thrown for somewhere near 700 yards so far, his team is still 0-2. M.O. for beating Carolina is as it has always been for the past few years. Load the box, stop the run game, and force whomever is under center to beat you. D Williams and J Stewart are still the biggest threats on that team, although I imagine teams are going to start worrying about Cam a bit more.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:54 pm 

854 yards (Tom Brady has 940). If Newton can lead the Panthers to 9 wins he'd be a legit MVP candidate. Personally, I don't see it happening...but it's entertaining watching a rookie that nobody thought would have any success as an NFL QB torch two pretty good defenses in his first 2 games (Ari and GB). I fully expect him to go through the typical rookie pitfalls during the second half of the long NFL season, but he's pretty entertaining to watch so far.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:52 pm 

Spanky, do you have the NFL Sunday Ticket? If so, is it worth the $70 a month?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:58 am 

I do have the NFL Ticket, but I got it free on the mover's relocation deal. I'm not sure I'd actually pay the full amount though; I love my Bears, but with my job I'm not always available to watch on Sundays. It has been nice watching whatever game I want, as the Cardinals games sure do stink!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 am 

I just like the fact that you can watch any matchup you want, on every Sunday. $70 a month tho? Can I claim that on my taxes? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:38 am 

I suppose you could have a couple friends come over to watch also and claim it as a work gathering/entertainment function and/or meeting. Those kind of shenanigans work for politicians so I suppose we could get away with it. Hell, our first lady went to France for ONE meeting and stayed for a couple weeks at tax-payers expense.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:25 pm 

...Don't remind me. We are swimming in debt as a nation, and they are spending like they own the place.