White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Title games
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:05 pm 

#1 Hamilton (13-0) vs #3 Desert Vista (12-1)

Hamilton has the nation's longest winning streak (52 games). Desert Vista's only loss was a 35-10 setback to Hamilton at home on 10/06. Hamilton takes their streak to 53 games.

#1 Chaparral (12-1) vs #2 Cienega (13-0)

Chaparral's only loss was a 42-22 opening day setback to nationally ranked Bishop Gorman. Both teams have had 1-pt victories during their playoff runs; logic says Chaparral, as they're clearly the better team, but I'll go with Cienega. (I actually think Chaparral wins by 2 TD's, but I like pulling for the underdog.)

#3 Cactus (11-1) vs #5 Saguaro (11-2)

Cactus' only loss was to Saguaro 62-24 on 09/23. saguaro gives up a lot of points, but has scored over 700 themselves this season. Cactus has a better record, but Saguaro has played a tougher schedule (losing to Desert Vista and Chaparral, both of whom are playing for titles in their respective divisions). I'll go with Saguaro in a game that I predict to be the biggest margin of victory between these three games.

DAMN! Obert ain't got @$&# over THAT masterpiece of literature!

Post subject: Re: Title games
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:30 pm 

Hamilton, Chap, Saguaro, and Blue Ridge win the titles. WOW. Shocker. Seen that story before.

Kinda wish there was some parity, but what can you do. They are all well coached and have consistent feeder schools like Payson, Desert Mountain, Chandler/Basha, etc. =)

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear... and when I do, it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. It's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:45 am 

They need a title game in which the champion of each division plays in a playoff to determine the TRUE champion of Arizona!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:43 pm 

Well, given what Chap did to Saguaro, I think they need not have a "playoff". Just one single game. Div 4 and even Div 3 just never have the depth or the horses.

I think BR would have a tough time competing with Liberty, Cactus, Saguaro, etc. even one division up. They might be a semifinalist, but having seen Liberty and Cactus play in the regular season finale, those are some very deep and talented football teams.

Not saying BR would lose to all the above, but it would be a crapshoot. In Div-4 it is barely competitive beyond maybe 3-4 teams. In Div-3, there are half a dozen teams that are as good as Blue Ridge and you have to win usually 3 straight games against equal competition to win a title.

But even at the top, the top 8 D-1 teams would beat every team in D-2 except Chap and Centennial 75-80% of the time.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear... and when I do, it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. It's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:23 pm 

Combine Show and BR for depth puposes, scrap the wing T offense and run Randy's O. Put Weeks back @ WR, have Hill play QB, Cox @ FB. Wings would be Tenney and Johnson, Groebner as Z alternating w/ Van Winkle and MacLeod. Pauly can call the D.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:01 am 

...and Hamilton still wins by 3 TDs. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:25 pm 

Score is about right, but wrong team: Desert Vista 45-19 over Hamilton.

Last edited by CJ on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:09 pm 

DV dominated the game from the opening drive and won 45-19, keeping Blue Ridge's 63 game streak alive. They led 21-0 early in the game and Hamilton looked shocked and never recovered.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:56 pm 

Cienega and Chaparral tied 0-0 after 1st quarter.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:49 pm 

Chaparral 14 Cienega 7 at halftime.

Cienega scored on a 1 yd fumble return. The Bobcats were at the goaline trying to score on a 3rd and goal and their RB fumbled after being hit; it was scooped up by a WR and carried into the endzone. Chaparral scored on their next offensive play on an 80 yd run by Davonte Neal between the tackles out of the wildcat. Neal scored the next TD on a 24 yard pass, as the entire drive was Neal.

Neal is by far the most impressive player I've seen this season, and he has yet to choose between the 27 offers for his services at either WR or CB next year. I read earlier this year, but forgot about it until the announcers mentioned it, that Neal still holds the national record for 13-14 year olds in the 100 and 200. He definitely hasn't lost a step; the kid is lightening fast!

I look for Chaparral to put up another 28-35 on Cienega in the second half.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:18 pm 

Chaparral wins their 3rd straight title 37-14. Neal ended up with 216 yards rushing, 107 receiving and 3 tds. I didn't catch a total of his returns, but I'm estimating around 100 or so.