White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 am 

My hats off to the Pride of MP. Even though Hamilton wasn't the Hamilton of years past, they still recruit...'err play at the highest level. This game came down to a two minute offense and a clutch field goal to give Norris Vaughn a huge win in week one. Thanks Blackburn for getting us on the field. Looking forward to the Ahwatukee Bowl in two weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:31 am 

Then Salpointe wins 27-20 over Chaparral, and Paradise Valley beats Saguaro 32-29.

I wonder what the Saguaro alumni, school administration, and the powers responsible for firing Sanders think about him now...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:45 pm 

CJ, his decision to sit his starters in a huge inner city rivalry game was in IMO, beyond comprehension. However, it shouldn't have warranted a pink slip. Not a good call to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:35 pm 

C'mon, enjoy the victory, but talking about Hamilton "recruiting"? While the word in today's Valley landscape certainly lends itself to semantics, Mt. Pointe didn't refrain from "adding" new players to it's arsenal this offseason either. Starting QB anyone? I have all the respect in the world for Coach Vaughan and Coache Belles, and this has nothing to do with them. Success attracts talent. Kids want to play for a quality program with the opportunity for success, who doesn't? So, with this in mind, who can blame any kid for wanting to be a part of Husky Nation and their previous run of titles or, at the very least, title game appearances and the chance for a title? Ranked #1 for most of the past 5 years, it would be a better debate as to how Mt. Pointe finally was able to overcome a team that is known for attracting the top players. The coinciding argument will most certainly be driven based on which side of the fence you reside. I happen to be perched atop the fence on this one...best spot to be in my opinion. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:46 pm 

The "recruiting" comment was intended for our friend Mr. Blackburn. At the game, we talked briefly about how a kid transferred from the Pointe to Hamilton, only to lose to his former team.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:53 pm 

...This was not intended to be a negative statement, just poking a little fun at the situation. But I guess you had to be there to know my angle on my "jest" comment. (I was actually rooting for Hamilton.) ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:00 pm 

I'd have to say that Hamilton have been a little more focused and intense in practice this week, as its been awhile since they've lost during the regular season to an in-state opponent. If I were a betting man (ok, I am a betting man) I'd say they'll be one of the two playing for the title at season's end.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:19 pm 

Hamilton 0-2, Chap 0-2, Saguaro barely gets to 1-1. Interesting...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:31 am 

CJ, Chap falls to MDN on a last second touchdown. Oh how the mighty have fallen...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:38 am 

...Scratch that, you beat me to it. Hey, the Ahwatukee bowl is a week away. Hopefully no pre-game Melee's like last year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:53 am 

Boy was I wrong! However, if you're a high school football fan you have to love the parity!

I'm liking Salpointe. They're 2-1 after losing 1st game to Cali's Crespi. I've seen Crespi numerous times over the past few years on directv and they're always impressive and loaded with D1 talent. I like how some of these teams are playing powers from other states in their early season matchups rather than scheduling in-state cupcakes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:19 pm 

People talking about me thinking I read this stupid football website. I have been busy surfing for pr0n, having facebook flame wars, watching Game of Thrones, and watching my redshirt Freshman son play for a Verrado program that makes me want to drink paint thinner and black out 20 years of loving the game of high school football so that can stomach the version of ball that the southwest valley plays.

Weeks, let's skip the paint thinner and try Dos Equis with the Most Interesting Man in the World Kent Adams for the Chandler or Brophy vs. MP games coming up.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear... and when I do, it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. It's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:42 am 

I'm telling you, Centennial at Ironwood Ridge on the 28th here in Tucson is going to be an explosive game!

Chandler vs MP should be a nice matchup this weekend! (I think the Chanlder at Hamilton game the following week will be a better game though; too much at stake for Hamilton for them not to come out fired up.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:55 am 

tremaine...you're spot on. Kids want to play for a winner, and it's an extra benefit if playing for that winner enables them to receive a scholarship as well. I'm not sure if you guys looked at the link I posted regarding Arizona players on college rosters for 2012-13, but more than a quarter of those kids came from the Big-4 (Chaparral, Chandler, Hamilton, Saguaro).