White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:06 pm 

If your kid read that post I made and is offended, I'll personally drive to St. Johns and apologize, as I wasn't looking to offend him at all. When are you going to apologize to my kid and his teammates for all the same type comments I made? If the uncles are ticked off, its your fault for stirring them up. I'm sorry for the comment about your kid, but not towards you. I'd like to let you know how I feel, face to face, about the crap you've spewed about my kid, nephew, and all their teammates. Weren't you one of the ones, last year that was calling SL the 1st losers and other dispaeraging comments? That was directed at my kid. And nephew, and friends kids. Like I said, you can dish it, but can't take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:17 pm 

Yes crunch, he is the one. He spews crap about everyone and everything. As soon as it touches close to home with his own medicine he blows a gasket. He has been slamming, trashing, beating the heck out of all of 3A ball, especially Show Low and Blue Ridge. He is envious that he is not a part of a quality program. I surely did not see any gracious goodbyes from SJ as spanky left town.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:57 pm 

I'm surprised the moderator has not stepped in and stopped these rather classless attacks on family members. I am in favor of a Clint Eastwood finish to most events, but was hoping this site was more about factual information.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:09 pm 

I got a txt asking me if I was following the board in the 4A-5A Basketball forum and the answer is... wha wha what? We have a brewhaha going in the big school basketball forums?

So color me clueless up until this point. The only reason I got on the site today is because Lonewinds can't get his account working. So now crunchy will leave you alone spanky because he will have his boyfriend back and they can have lovers quarrels.

First, the word sensor will probably block bullsh1t, but I am calling it on all of you. First, crunch and no huddle as well as bowtie--spanky is entitled to his opinion that I share which is 3A has 30 schools with approximately 20k kids. 5A-I has 30 schools with roughly 85k kids. So four times as many kids competing for spots. If you want to say that if I combined RV, BR, SF and SL the combined team would have a combined enrollment equal to that of Mountain Pointe and then take the 22 starters on each team and think that many of the current 3A starters would even touch a 5A field knowing that just on a sheer numbers basis, 5A schools are that big and competitive, you are on crack. And secondary to that, if you don't think that if you combined those 4 coaching staffs, that the JV coaches and Freshman coaches on this super-White Mountain team would not be light years better than the current Uncle Rico dads that are the assistants in most small towns, you are equally ignorant. So if you get better Freshman coaching and JV coaching because they have better staffs of professionals instead of a few local dads of players who pick up a whistle, you are also crazy. Spanky has the right to say that and that is not a personal attack on your kids.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear... and when I do, it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. It's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:45 pm 

Kids are bigger, stronger, faster, and better coached in 5A.

Now, second part--spanky rarely singles out individual kids by knocking 3A and 2A ball. He is making blanket statements, save if be for Ricedorff and Morgan. He has taken jabs at other kids for their actions, but let's get real here...

Reality is Ricedorff and Morgan both were AZ Republic Small School Players of the Year and both are talking about or going to attempt to play at Pac-10 Schools. Well, Pac-12 schools. So we are not talking about High School athletes and normal kids. We are talking about kids that are making football their career or at very least spending the next 5 years attempting to put themselves through college on their athletic ability. They earn a different level of scrutiny that goes along with the level of respect that they also get. You don't just get positive attention and told you are great in this world.

But No Huddle crossed the line and used his personal feelings for spanky as a justification to knock young spanky. Guys, my kids got booted from Pop Warner this season because I had a spat with the President of the Association. Mind you I was on the board for three years and am as dedicated to our Pop Warner Association as I am to this site. But she didn't like something I posted on my personal facebook account about Kobe liking to @ss rape white girls and said it wasn't becoming of a Pop Warner board member. She teaches school and posted directions to my kid about how to huff paint and I said don't play games. Our little spat turned ugly. So what does she do? Throw my kids out of Pop Warner.

Moral of the story--Spanky is a gigantic a-hole from time to time. I am too. Don't think my being an a-hole or my genetics or my attitude transfers over to my kids and you can take your beef with me out on them. Crunch, your kid was a very good 3A linebacker and much respect. Spank, from what I understand, your kid was a very good athlete as well. Sorry both of you, but they are not getting Pac-10 offers and if you dropped most 3A standouts onto 5A teams, they would be average 5A players. Most good and above average 3A players would play spot duty in the 4th Qtr of blowouts their Sr. year if they stuck it out that long. But it doesn't diminish the lessons we learn from playing sports that transcend the level of competition. We learn character, discipline, teamwork, and build lasting friendships.

If the kids are learning the lessons, that is what is important. But the other part of the lesson is you perform within the confines of who and what you are. You don't tell your kid he is Cam Newton if he is the second string QB on his JV team.

Lay off each other's kids. Spanky is his own person. His kid has done nothing to merit even being mentioned in this conversation.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear... and when I do, it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. It's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:06 pm 

Bill, an opinion on 3A compared to 5A is fine, this is a board about az football. But to CONSTANTLY rant and belittle the kids of 3A has gotten WAY old, so I lashed out. I apologized about his kid and the comment I made, but if he keeps the crappy spew, I can also, as it is my opinion and I have the freedom to express is, even though it may not be ethical. I never said I was doing his wife, as he has suggested numerous times over the years to other posters and their wives, just said frumpy and did not excell. Period. He has said in his lovely blanket fashion that the kids of 3A aren't good. So if I said the ST. Johns football players had poor fathers, were frumpy, and couldn't excell even at the lowly 2A division, its all a-OK? No, because I would have attacked a group of young athletes that deserve better. IMO, say 5A has more and better athletes, we'd all say yep. Say you'd rather watch 5A than 3A, we'd say ok. We aren't stupid, we know the 5A kids are good, the lineman are bigger, and the speed may be somewhat faster and exciting to you and spanky, we also appreciate our "brand" of football. But to CONSTANTLY belittle the kids at that level has gone way overboard by the precious Spanky, I'd had enough, and I stooped to his pitiful level and made a stupid post. I'm sorry for the post. I DO NOT wanna be like him. He's a typical bully, but I not backing down. He wants me to tell him to suck it to his face, I'll oblige.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:35 pm 

Bill, you are slightly missing the point in your defense of the almighty spanky.

He has blown a gasket when the table is turned. I would invite you to the infamous "Poetry" forum. He was making comments about my wife. Didn't say her name specifically, but referred to my wife. I didn't go ballestic and threaten him, coordinating a meeting for a physical altercation, challenging a poster to brawl. I took it in stride, for what is was worth, nothing. I don't know spankys kid and am confident that crunch don't know spankys kid. To turn the table on the almighty spanky making a comment mentioning his kid..... holy cow!!! Now he is preparing to go postal on crunch. Big shot spanky is wrong, crunch has apoligized, but spanky is the one who owes the apoligy. Oh no, not the precious spanky, we will defend him and his right to free speech and opinion.

Enough is enough. I enjoy this board along with numerous other people. I enjoy reading and learning about the kids and there progress. But what do I contantly continue to read, 3A sucks and 5A is for big boys, 3A is slow and weak. Ricedorff (and that is Ricedorff with an "f" not a "K") is too small and his dad is a bum, yada yada yada. It has been discussed at huge lengths and it is old. Spanky singles out kids, schools, programs all at the flip of a key board. Yet you defend him. You sure go after a select few. Not quite fair.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:54 am 

Crunch, BOWTIE and No Hussle...here's the cold hard reality between 2A/3A football players and their larger school counterparts: football players at the 5A level work their asses off because they HAVE to or they won't keep their position. THAT's why they're bigger, stronger and faster...work ethic! They have to put more effort into their sport to play. Kids at the 2A/3A levels make the team due to lack of numbers, so therefor don't have to work as hard, and typically don't. Kids on the mountain have the exact same potential to be just as big, strong and fast as kids in the valley, but aren't because they don't have to be. THAT'S always been my assessment of smaller school athletes and it's true. Unless you're naive, it can't be denied. THAT'S why they aren't as good; not because they CAN'T be as good as their 5A counterparts, but because they CHOOSE not be as good due to their lack of effort. If they put in the time the colleges would find them, and typically have.

A 6'2''-6/4'' football player who is 175-190 pounds has shortchanged himself by his lack of effort because a 6'2'' frame can typically hold way more muscle......but oh, wait a minute, that takes dedication and work! You want to know why I detest 2A/3A ball...there it is in a nutshell! It resembles real football, but the participants haven't dedicated themeselves as much as others. I've said it numerous times before and just said it again. 2A/3A players work just hard enough to start on their team, but they typically lack the drive and motivation to strive to be best in state because that takes waaaaaaay more work, and "why work harder when I'm already starting?" They lack the ability to see the "big picture" and get so caught up in everyone telling them how good they are that they start believing it. They may be the best in their town or on the mountain, but that just isn't always good enough for quality football.

Now, you can accept what I just told you as fact or you can continue making excuses for why kids on the mountain have continually underachieved, but don't get * at me for calling it as it is. It's not my fault that parents these days are enablers and get upset when junior is told he isn't as good as someone who works harder at his skill. Here's what I always tell the kids who have asked me about my college football experience: If you want that college scholarship you have to work your ass off because being best on your team doesn't mean sh*t to anyone but you and your parents. The day you take off is the day that the kid competing for your scholarship just passed you up because he chose not to rest. Most kids can't accept that because they been coddled too long.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:55 am 

I can't believe it, but I agree with you on that point, BUT if you had and will leave it at that, no hard feelings would/will occur. It was the constant be-littling, or as you probably felt, the re-iteration of of that point in a not so kosher way, that builds the angst towards you. That's it. Point made. I'll talk to you anytime you want, hostile or not. I can see your point in many things you post, agree with some and don't on others. You try to use fact, which is part of a valid arguement, and have some perspective many don't. Rag on the coaches all you like, and ill-gotten records, just please quit the berating of the 3A/2A kids and such. I would think that since you don't like it, you'll now stay on the 4A/5A football board and leave the 2A/3A board alone. Its on you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:01 am 

I'm not concerned with hard feelings; kids need to be told the truth. Sure it's great that you're the star on your team junior, but what are your ambitions and aspirations pertaining to furthering your playing career and education? Don't settle for being the best out of the 25-40 players on your small team; work harder and strive to be the best at your position in your entire state or national region. If you're rated #5 in the nation at your position that's great, but take offense that there are 4 others who are rated better than you and strive to continue to better yourself. The second you stop striving to better yourself the regression of your talent starts.

That's what kids need to hear. Even if they don't have aspirations of playing in college, who cares; failure to give it your best effort on the field and/or in the weightroom can have a negative impact on those who are busting their asses for that scholarship. For instance, if you have a QB who has the talent but his OL doesn't work hard to be the best they can be then that QB's talents are hidden because of the limitations placed upon him by his teammates. Like I said, the smaller school kids in gerneral CHOOSE not to work as hard, and that effects every kid on the field who may have had a slither of a shot and it cheats/cheapens the game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:02 am 

Let me add this--coaches in small school ball also don't put in the effort of the big school coaches. I am not saying the great ones don't, I am saying that the great ones in 2A and 3A move up the ladder because coaching is their career. Who wants to coach against the guy that owns a heating and air conditioning business and is the head varsity coach because they ran out of teacher openings and no one wants to coach in podunkville?

In 5A, you have to want to compete. Even making your team is a major competition, unlike in 3A where they need bodies and many teams are lucky to get enough kids to field a JV team without moving freshmen up and several varsity players down. There are ten kids that are 6', 220 who are too slow to play a skill position and play offensive line. You want to be the starter, you have to fight for it and earn it in the offseason and weight room.

I played football and wrestled, flirted with track throwing shot. I never lifted or worried about gaining weight. I was 6'2" 225 as a Soph and was a varsity starter as a Jr and Sr. In 3A I should have started Versity as a Soph, but I didn't lift. But that lack of effort didn't stop me from starting two years. I could easily have been 245-250 and started two years at a 5A school, but it would have taken effort--by the coaches for having an offseason program that Wick lacked and by me by lifting and eating and training. But 3A doesn't require it.

The flip side that Spanky misses is that in 3A, we do have a lot of overachievers. We have kids that are 5'6" 160 that play offensive line and beat out lazy big kids like me. They fight and scrap and work and most of our 3A teams depend on 1-2 kids like that. There are not opportunities in 5A for these kids to even come out for football and no matter how hard they work, genetics holds them back.

But in 5A--EVERYBODY WORKS HARD. You have to. Too many kids that have similar physical attributes that if you aren't getting the job done or you aren't working to get stronger, we have 5 others kids that are.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:13 pm 

You guys are so full of it...3a&2a have produced their fair share of football players that have moved on to the next level. It takes 100,000 in population to produce on D1 football player. That means the mountain should produce one every few years. That exactly what is happening. NAU had 5 just last year.

I do understand what you guys are talking about, but you are selling some of these kids that play in 3a short.

I love watching 3a football it's fun seeing normal sized kids play for the love of the game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:56 pm 

No I'm not. I clearly stated that those who dedicate themselves are found by the colleges.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:58 pm 

....NAU isn't a D1 program, but I'm sure happy to see local talent fill the Lumberjacks roster!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:59 pm 

According to the scout network, Arizona has 2 5star players and 5 4star players. That is on the low side for states of our size. What does this mean. With these figures does it mean that the 4a and 5a ball that some of you hold so high, does not produce talent some want us to believe. Or it could mean that the 4a and 5a football in the state of Arizona is just not as great as Spanky, and Bill would have us believe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next