White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:27 pm 

the dome was packed to the rafters on Saturday for the girls games. how was the crowd on Friday for the boys games, thinking there was plenty of elbow room. anyone who attended the. boys games care to chime in?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:54 pm 

Not to bad. Just alotta sad greasy faces earlier in the day :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:33 pm 

guessing there were many happy misfit faces, thats if your team won

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:37 am 

I'm sure that was the biggest crowd NAU has had all year. They sure did get their piece of the pie. I predict NAU wanting to host again next year realizing on how much they missed out the past few years. But the ones with the biggest smile was the AIA. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:10 pm 

yes, that is true. AIA made a profit both days.
who wouldnt be happy if their teams lost. Both
WR and Alchesay brought thousands of fans.
I predict the Roadrunners will lose the next game
or two. So enjoy it Misfit, while it lasts...
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:18 pm 

I hope they return to the format they had last year. The second round and possibly the quarter-finals at the sites of the higher seeds.

1. They probably make more money with 6 - 8 sold out gyms on gamedays, because there would be more attendance.

2. I don't think alot of fans-teams are too excited of playing 9 AM, 10:30 AM and 8:30 PM games. All the games would be 7PM. Seems fair. I went to couple of those earlier games it seemed like it took the fans awhile to get going also.

Just my opinion IDK if anyone else saw that this past weekend. The games too early or too late.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:53 am 

I went to the games on Satuday at the Skydome and it didn't seem to matter whether the games were at 9am or 8:30pm, the fans were there, wided-eye and bushy tail. I got there at 9:45am (left at 10pm) and the main parking lot was already full, let alone the good seats inside the dome. That morning it appeared that all of Many Farms were up early and ready to cheer on their team and their game started at 10:30am.

I really enjoyed having the games back at the newly-remodeled NAU Skydome and feel they should bring back first and second round back to Flagstaff. Maybe yesterday's (2/21) game should have been back at the dome rather than the Tim Toyota Center. From what I heard there wasn't much of a crowd . . .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:24 pm 

Re: Fan Support @ the Skydome
by 9misfits7 on February 20th, 2012, 1:54 pm
Not to bad. Just alotta sad greasy faces earlier in the day

-
Your remarks "back-fired" ... LOL
I also saw all them SAD GREASY-FACES after Holbrook loss.
I told you...Holbrook was going to lose... You could've
stayed home & saved your money... LOL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:54 pm 

Haha wasnt so bad i support them no matter wat. Been supporting them since ive been n grade school been alot of sad faces for along time. Ive still got a smirk from last yr no excuses from here. All i gotta say is the champs went down swinging. The difference between our greasy faces n the greasy faces of 2 weeks ago our own fans werent yelling at our players telling them they have no heart n yelling at our coach. Just another season. Cant wait tell next yr see how much the boys coming up will improve during the season. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:27 pm 

The only problem with the games at NAU is that that venue is not set up for basketball games. As a fan not sitting courtside, you sit very far away from the action. Another problem @ NAU were the long lines for tickets with ONLY 3 out of the 8 ticket windows selling tickets. NAU also needs to invest in a multi-level parking garage. This would pay itself off quite quickly as parking on the NAU campus is very limited. NAU should invest in a higher portable seating section opposite of where the teams sit. That would put more fans at a greater viewing perspective. Just some thoughts that NAU could possibly try to do in the near future.