White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: DIV. III CHAMPIONS
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:51 am 

PAGE LADY SAND DEVILS are the 2012 Div. III Girls Basketball State Champions. Page finished the season with only one loss and that was to Winslow on 01-26-12 by a score of 41-32. Congrats to the Page Lady Sand Devils. Page defeated Winslow in the State Finals 46-38.

Post subject: Re: DIV. III CHAMPIONS
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:07 am 

Congrats to Page!! They played very well.. Made some huge shots in crunch time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:56 pm 

I'd love to see a shot clock instituted by the AIA.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:16 pm 

I love to see AIA put on a championship game outdoors... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:36 pm 

Yep, the shot clock would be an advantage for the run and gun teams, like the rez teams....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:53 am 

I tried watching the girl's championship games but found them to be rather boring without the shot clock. Earlier in the year I watched some girl's invitational tournaments on my Dirctv Fox affiliates where the tournaments had instituted shot clocks and I found those games so much more entertaining. (Same goes for the boy's tournaments I watched.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:59 am 

Whats wrong with the game as it is now? Spanky always has some off the wall idea he is throwing out. Game-Time clock? May as well go back to dirt courts with peach baskets, now that is the real game of basketball.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:11 am 

The girl's game is already at a much slower pace than the boy's game. They don't have a 10-second clock to get the ball past half court, they play with a smaller ball...how much bastardization of the game is needed for the girl's to be able to adapt? Sure, it was invented without a shot clock, but the game has evolved to a point where a shot clock is necessary. Now I suppose that one could say that not having a shot clock is an equalizing factor for those teams not as talented as the other teams...and I'd agree with that philosophy, but I prefer to say that those teams need to work harder in the off-season then to improve on their game. What harm would a shot clock do? make the game more entertaining? Showcase the skills of the girls? Wouldn't that benefit the overall product? I personally think it'd make the game more exciting than these games that end with the winner scoring below 40 points because a team holds the ball for 45-60 seconds per possession. Some may find that exciting, and that's their prerogative, but I simply turn the channel and refuse to give the schools my $$$ for ticket fees because of it. I can tell you this much...I was riveted by those tournaments I watched on Directv and watched the entire game.

If the women's NCAA basketball can utilize a shot shot it shouldn't be too difficult for the AIA.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:02 pm 

With or without the shot clock the PHS Lady Sand Devils average 50 plus points a ball game so it wouldn't matter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:04 pm 

Also Spanky ... the gilrs have the 10 sec rule too. Please do your research prior to posting so we can read the rest of your comments.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:40 pm 

Well then I'm assuming that is something that was recently incorporated then, because the last time I went to a women's high school game in Arizona it wasn't in effect. Like I said, I stopped watching Arizona women's high school basketball awhile ago due to lack of entertainment.

My apologies for failing to research my post, but if all you could retort was that then I feel pretty good about the rest of it. (In fact, I feel pretty good about my post regardless of your feelings.) Apparently you're one of the people who enjoy those 38-35 scores and as I've already stated, that's your prerogative. I prefer a more "offensive" game than two teams being able to muster 12 points between them due to holding the ball.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:55 pm 

Once again, I was wrong. NCAA women's basketball is the only basketball at any level without the 10-second violation.

Even more reason to implement a shot clock! That simply means that once they're across halfcourt they can hold the ball for 12 minutes, if able to do so. How boring is that!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:26 am 

I agree Spanky...game does start to get boring. I say they need a stop clock, especially to prepare the girls that want to play intercollegiate bball. Sooner or later they will adopt the stop clock, might as well do it now.