White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:14 pm 

Chapman will come to ASC from Monument Valley High School in Kayenta, Ariz., where she helped the Mustangs compile a record of 114-6 over the last three seasons. A team MVP, Chapman led the way to an undefeated, 40-0 season in 2010 and back-to-back Arizona 3A State Championships (2009 and 2010).
“Marilee comes to us from a program that is known for their volleyball tradition in Arizona,” Mortensen said. “She knows how to compete. We recruited her as a defensive player, but she has also played right side hitter and is a good jumper and athlete.”

A talented, multi-position player on the volleyball court for coaches Lucinda Nash and Pamela Chapman, she has also represented the Mustangs in basketball and track & field, qualifying for the state track & field meet during her athletic career. The daughter of Pamela and Ronald, an ASC grad, Chapman is a member of the National Honor Society and owns a 3.75 GPA. She plans on majoring in pre-medicine or pre-pharmacy at Adams State.

“Adams State has a winning volleyball program, my dad and uncle attended ASC, the atmosphere and environment are beautiful and it offers a great education,” said Chapman.

...Interesting article, but, wasn't Bradley Nash the leader of the team during their 3 State Championships??? I don't ever recall Chapman playing an intergral part of any of there State Title runs. Isn't the mother the coach this year? Maybe, a little too over exaggerating coach.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:30 pm 

Wtf!! Never heard of this Chapman girl! Wow, where did they get their sources from? MV was horrible this year!! She does not deserve to be be getting accolades because of Bradley! Hope Mrs. Nash laffs real hard if she reads that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:48 am 

Another MV player committed to play at NMMI. There were also many untrue statements in that story.

I noticed she thanked everyone except this year's coach.

Interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 am 

I'd like to know what was untrue about the NMMI signee's statements? And where can I find this article or write up?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:38 pm 

Where are the Tuba City girls going?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:26 pm 

Only one senior on the team that I know will be going somewhere either for volleyball or basketball. We do have some strong juniors who have the skill and potential to play college volleyball.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:36 am 

Wow, I'm speechless.. In my opinion, the players that were more deserving of the lime light would have been Nicole Williams (the setter), Naomi Whitehair (the libero) and Kelley Nez (the outside/middle hitter). During the state tournament, I never saw Marilee as an offensive threat at the net..