White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Snowflake at Showlow
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:36 pm 

Just watched the Showlow Snowflake game and thought both teams worked very hard. Showlow passes very well and could have one any of the sets had a few breaks gone there way. My only negative from the game was watching Showlow's coach display bad sportsmanship. She refused to shake the Snowflake coaches hand. What kind of example is she setting for her team???

Post subject: Re: Snowflake at Showlow
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:08 am 

Did you miss the unprofessional way the Snowflake coach carries on in all his glory each time an opposing athlete makes a mistake?? Oh, that must be acceptable up on the mountain, because it has been happening for along time. Yes, the SL coach should have shook his hand, but it is kind of like the scene in the " The Titans" where the coach hands the other coach a banana. There is no love loss between Sl's coach and SF's coach. What I would be more worried about is the way the BR vball team comes into the Cougar home and cheers for the SF team. With their coach sitting right by them. We have some coaches up here on this mountain that seem to ruin it for the others who try hard to teach the athletes how to play with respect. Show Low and Snowflake played well, enjoyed watching them working hard early on in the season. Best wishes for both teams.

Last edited by fromthebench on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:39 am 

Hey now, don't bring "Remeber the Titans" into this conversation because the other coach was simply looking out for Denzel's health and welfare; it's hot and humid that time of the year in that part of the country and he was just making sure he had plenty of potassium so that he wouldn't cramp!

I agree with your last comment; there are definitely some coaches lacking in sportsmanship. SL's Ricedorf is one of the worst I've seen in awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:30 pm 

Fromthebench while I agree with the notion that the Snowflake coach gets too excited with each point scored I disagree with the notion that it is in relation to an opposing player messing up. If that is unsportsmanlike than any fan, coach, or player that cheers when a point is scored in any sport is being unsportsmanlike. Are you suggesting the Showlow Coach was offering the Snowflake coach "bananas? I think the Showlow coach has done an amazing job turning the program into a contending team and Snowflake, BR and the rest of the mountain better be ready to play their best game if they want to beat Showlow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:05 pm 

I would have to agree with Fromthebench, I was curious to see how things would play out with Snowflake losing a valuable player to Show Low this year. The transfer was hotly contested by Snowflake, but the AIA approved it. During the match, the Snowflake coach made it a point to be extra raucus when the former Lobo transfer student made an error. This is likely why the Show Low coach felt inclined to avoid the customary handshake.
I understood that the Show Low coach and the BR coach were, atleast at one time, friends. Perhaps not any longer. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:02 am 

@Spanky. oops forgot too "Remember" the Titans!! And what a movie that is, and real life. The Snowflake coach for as long as I can "Remember" does throw his snide sideshow more than what he should towards anyone who wants to watch. He does this more against BR than any other team. He made some extra "over the top" sideline gestures that are very unsportsmanlike, at this last SL game. I guess from him it is expected and the rest of us just keep watching the game, except for the athletes who are searching for a good example. hmmmm - They tend to notice when a coach doesn't shake a hand, or cheer against another team and not for their own athletes. Being a coach is not easy if you want to be in the category of "making a difference" to all the rest of the coaches who are still coaching by cutting up, eating, and spitting their athletes out - instead of building them up and helping them find their own self worth on the team your words will be remembered for years. Choose wisely!! The athletes might listen to your words, but they watch your actions, talk to other team members and then everything self-implodes, all the while, the coach is trying to figure out why things aren't working. :o We have many good coaches, who live what they preach. BR's football coach London is one of them. I have found some others who work hard and spend countless hours helping kids, but they are few up here on the mountain. Snowflake has some, Roundvalley, even Show Low!! Alchesay has many "good" coaches. Blue Ridges long distance coach not only coaches it on the track, he teaches it in the class room. I understand that Payson has hired a new assistant volleyball coach. About time they revamped that program so look out mountain, the Longhorns are going to be tough this year!!

Last edited by fromthebench on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:56 am 

Seems like the SL coach had to be pretty offended by something to not shake hands with Ramage. Is there anything specific that went down during the match other than the hooping and hollering? Or you think its just bad blood between the schools because of the contested transfer? Other reasons maybe?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:32 pm 

Just so everyone knows the snowflake coachs name is not ramage is RAMPAGE GET IT RIGHT!!! Maybe he should have been the cheer coach not the Volleyball coach. :) I belive the showlow coach has plenty of good reason not to shake the SF coaches hand, cause she has been good friends with SOME of the sf girls and just goes off of what they say. With the transfer he has pointed figures at her and has accused her of thing that weren't true when she has stayed completely out of it. That's why AIA APPROVED it.:):) I personally saw her give him as much as he deserve with the hand shake. And wonder why he was invited to the 4 way scimmage with the other mt teams. Hes not very liked.:):):):) AND PS: the SHOWLOW AND BLUE RIDGE COACHES ARE STILL GREAT FRIENDS AND TALK DAILY. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:44 pm 

And pss coming from experience if sf think there gonna beat sl again maybe RAMPAGE should actually run there pratices instead of the girls walking all over him. Cause SL coach will be working hard with her girl and they will improve tons:)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:43 pm 

PSSS....it's "their", not "there".....GET IT RIGHT!

(couldn't resist)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:57 pm 

Isn't it "they're"? lol.....anywho, their next match should be a good one!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:51 am 

:) First one is they're. Second one is their. We try so hard to teach the difference. Sigh!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:24 pm 

Sorry! You can tell I went to SF high!.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:34 pm 

:)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:19 pm 

@ back in the day Yes!! He does cheer against opposing players. His team members have made well known his intentions. Also @vball if coaches determine the way they are going to conduct their actions towards others (snowflake coach) by the words and limited vision of teenagers (girls from the Snowflake team) then maybe the SL coach needs to go back to coaching 101. Rule. Leave outside drama off the court. Rule. Play with a positive attitude and conduct yourself professionally. Rule. Don't make a personal issue become a team issue. Rule. Keep the respect of your team, by being respectful to others. We can use whatever excuse we want. It doesn't change who we are (the left over athletes from the past) but, it does leave an impression on those student/athletes who see coaches acting like children themselves. There are different ways to coach and some of the coaches aren't getting it done by what they are doing. Go on-line there are some coaching classes that can be done at home on their own time. But, while our children are in your care - build them don't break them. If you have done your job then no matter what the win, loss column says at the end of the season and those athletes will be better off. Are they better than last year?? If not then you have work to do!! ;)

Last edited by fromthebench on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.