White Mountain Football

whitemountainfootball.com and smackzone123.com

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: Snowflake at Showlow
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:45 pm 

Do be careful, though. The last time I played with a "poisitive" attitude I think I pulled something.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:05 pm 

Oh Dougie Jr. You might have caught me. I graduated from Blue Ridge, so give this poor jacket a free pass on the spelling. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:20 am 

Yes...it's why Doug wears glasses now!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:28 am 

@bench I have watched Coach Ramage coach for several years and other than the last Show Low game where it seemed he was targeting one girl (by serving it to her not cheering against her) I have not seen him specifically target a single player. He does cheer too much when the other team makes a mistake. Volleyball like other sports is a mental game and if you get the other team off from their focus the game is easier to control. I do think he is starting tone that down some, but it is more his over exuberance that gets him in trouble with the refs, other coaches, players and fans than his lack of ability. And @Vbal I have heard the Show Low coach bad mouth the Snowflake coach to players that were currently in his program and it was her opinion not that of some immature girls. I don't know if the bad blood started before she was coaching the junior high and was running the BR rotation instead of SF but that might have contributed to it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:53 pm 

:P Yes, SF coach does cheer against players and teams and coaches. His sliding on the floor, throwing his clip board, and raising his hands are all childish acts of unsportsmanship and belongs in the middle of the superfan section. It was an interesting match with SF and BR with BR taking home the win. Close games but nothing that will get them to the final four teams at state. They both need more hustle on the back row, and quicker sets to the outside. Payson's middle seems to be finding her place and I heard she did a great job @ the tourney in Flagstaff last weekend. Looking forward to see the competition that the Snowflake tourney always seems to ignight in the teams who participate. I don't think SL attends that one. Payson will be in the hunt to redeem themselves after their showing last weekend. SF will come ready to play and beat anyone who wants to contend for queen of the court at SF's tourney. So, will we get another show from SF's coach after his loss to the jackets? I think YES! Ramage has not changed in 10 years. Good luck to the teams this week and next.